* Hall Stevenson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2003-10-28 13:07]:
> >- From the forums it looks like you have to edit /etc/X11/Sessions/
> >kde-3.1.4 and source the ~/.xsession.  Rather irrating to have to do
> >this yourself.

> >% cat /etc/X11/Sessions/kde-3.1.4

> >#!/bin/sh

> >if [ -r  ~/.xsession ]; then
> >   . ~/.xsession
> >fi

> >/usr/kde/3.1/bin/startkde

> File a bug report against then. Not sure how often it would present a
> problem for people though...

I don't understand why you'd want this. It's certainly not what you want
to happen by default. My .xsession is a symbolic link to my .xinitrc,
which runs a couple of programs (bbrun, bbpager, bbkeys) and then starts
blackbox.

If I chose to run kde from {g,k}dm then why would I want to run these
before starting kde? (Actually, I tried to test this setup and kde
didn't even start when I exited blackbox.)

If you've got X settings in .xsession you want loaded in KDE (or
something else) I would suggest adding them directly to the appropriate
/etc/X11/Sessions/ file.

Cheers
David