begin  quote
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:30:40 +0000
Mark Fisher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> James: take a look at
> $PORTAGETMP/modutils-2.4.25/work/modutils-2.4.25/config.log - this may
> well
> give you a little more info.  Ill post an extract from mine below.
>
> [ ... ]
>
> This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
> running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.
>
> configure:1819: checking whether the C compiler (gcc -march=i586 -2
> -O3 -pipe  ) works
>  configure:1835: gcc -o conftest -march=i586 -2 -O3 -pipe   conftest.c
>   - -lxmlparse -lxmltok 1>&5
> gcc: unrecognized option `-2'

> Grateful for any ideas :)

grep CFLAGS /etc/make.conf

ask yourself. why is "-2" in your CFLAGS that gcc tries to compile with
and so clearly says -doesn't work -

Changing CC and CPP Won't change the fact that gcc doesn't recognies the
command line option "-2" .   This is the same problem as "-yet_exec"
and I'm starting to wonder where people come up with theese flags.

//Spider

--
begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!