Ian Truelsen wrote:

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 21:05:42 +0000
Mike Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wednesday 29 October 2003 20:47, Ian Truelsen wrote:

Works here in crossover office.
I've got IE, Office, Quicktime, Media Player and a few other
things running nicely.

Thanks for the reminder. I never even thought about crossover.

One thing: I have it installed and installed IE using it, but I
can't seem to figure out how to launch IE. There doesn't appear to
be an obvious binary, like in crossover plugin. Can you take a peek
and let me know what the file location for IE is on your setup?

The Crossover Office setup whatnot creates shortcuts in the KDE menu
for me, my IE one runs this:
"/opt/cxoffice/bin/wine"  "C://Program Files//Internet
Explorer//IEXPLORE.EXE" or from a console
/opt/cxoffice/bin/wine .cxoffice/dotwine/fake_windows/Program\
Files/Internet\ Explorer/IEXPLORE.EXE

Thanks.

BTW, have you ever tried to get any tax software running under
Crossover? That is about the only other thing that I can conceive of
needing Windows for anymore.

Quickbooks ('99 - ?) runs under wine.

--
Best regards,