Ryan wrote:
howdie all

i am busy installing my amd i have done the chroot and now im trying to get the bootstrap to compile but i keeps giving me a segmentation fault

/usr/sbin/ebuild.sh: line 1325: 18355 Segmentation fault ./configure --prefix=/usr --host=${CHOST} --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --localstateddir=/var/lib ${EXTRA_ECONF} "$@"

!!! ERROR: sys-apps/textinfo-4.5 failed.
!!! Function econf, Line 338 Exitcode 139
!!! econf failed

A segfault is almost always hardware related. Are you booting from a recent Gentoo LiveCD? If so, restart and choose the Memtest option to scan for bad memory. Leave that going for a few hours. Also, if you are rebooting, check in the BIOS setup for an option like 'PC Health Status' and see what your temperatures are. Bootstrapping is very CPU intensive which could be causing an unsafe heat buildup.

--
Andrew Gaffney