[Thu, 30 Oct 2003 10:49:32 -0800] Alan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <-- :
> Shouldn't /dev/md0 be a bit faster, basically 50-60MB/sec?  My drives
> and raid config look like the following, any suggestions on getting
> 100MB/sec like another poster here with RAID0 would be appreciated :)

Well, I'm the other poster I think :-)
I just would like to remind the 100 MB/sec are obtained with 4 disks, not 2.
It's not possible with 2 disks I guess, unless you use very expensive ones, like
10,000 or 15,000 rpm SCSI disks.

> I'd guess it's either overhead or I don't have the proper 133 cables on
> my drives (pretty sure I do though) or something like that.  This is on
> an A7N8X-DX board with IDE hard drives, agpgart with nvidia support
> built into the kernel, dma on by default in the kernel.

No need for ATA/133 cables if you use ATA/100 disks.

> phoenix warez # cat /etc/raidtab
> raiddev         /dev/md0
>         raid-level              0
>         nr-raid-disks           2
>         nr-spare-disks          0
>         persistent-superblock   1
>         chunk-size              32
>         device                  /dev/hdb1
>         raid-disk               0
>         device                  /dev/hda6
>         raid-disk               1

As mentioned before, I have "nr-raid-disks 4".
You could give a try for "chunk-size 64", this worked best for my box.

--
Michael
Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware.