Guy Van Sanden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hello everyone

Hello,

> My system is not powering off on shutdown any more.
> It used to work on Mandrake, but I switched to Gentoo together with
> changing my case (and powersupply).  In Knoppix it still works.

Have you tried 'halt -p' or 'poweroff' ?

See man halt for more information, but merely calling 'halt' shuts
only the system, not the box...

Maybe your change of powersupply is just (hopefully) a coincidence... ?

Anyway, it's worth trying ;-)

> Thanks for any suggestions

hope this helps !

++
--
Pierre-François Gomez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will
 insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."   -- Terry Pratchett