On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:48:38 -0600, "Jeffrey Smelser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> responded thusly:
On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:41:19 -0600, "Jeffrey Smelser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> responded thusly:
>No, you should have read the error.. make.conf is suppose to be >there and functional. Its not a documentation error as your trying to >convey.. This is a possible bug that needs to be addressed...

Okay, I thought it was. Having read over everyone's responses has led me to believe otherwise. I didn't write down the error I was having. I actually recieved three errors. One about a bad token <"="> and two more that I don't remember.

Ahh, this is a bad make.conf entry.. Hopefully this has been fixed already and you just got "unlucky" when you downloaded your live cd..

Doh.

<snip>

No apologies... I am just explaining it so we both are on the same wave length and you know for future to write that stuff down so we can trouble shoot this better together.. And in this case, its a bug that should be in the bug list..

I'll be subscribing to it as soon as I get my system's GUI set up (in three to four weeks :p).

Your the first I have heard of this so did you just download your livecd or is it older?

I downloaded the LiveCD ISOs yesterday.

The only fallacy is the inaction on our part to stave off the worst of horrors, the stripping of personal freedom.