> Hi,
> Some days ago I posted a message asking for informations on Linux serial
> ATA support (I'm buying a PC).
> Reading the answers I got interested in RAID 0.
> I'd like to buy a Dell Dimension 8300 with two 120MB Serial ATA drives
> in RAID 0 configuration.
> Dell PCs have an Intel 875 motherboard, but I heard that DELL doesn't
> use the internal SATA controller but comes with a PCI external
> controller. I haven't been able to obtain any technical specification
> from Dell website.
> Provided that I'll stress Dell by phone Monday morning, I'd like to know
> if anyone of you does already have that configuration and has been able
> to install Gentoo (or any other Linux distro) on that PC.
> Thanks.

These guys at Altamicro advertised on the Redhat Install list that they have
a version of Redhat all set up to install RH on SATA drives for the Intel
875 chipsets, so I think it can be done.

Altamicro
3423 Investment Boulevard
Suite 202
Hayward, CA 94545
1-866-868-ALTA (Toll Free)
1-510-732-3728 (Main)

I think they sell a CD for $5 or something pretty cheap. I don't know what
you can download, or how in depth their web site it. Check them out if it's
of interest to you.

Cheers,
Mark