[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
The laptop I am using needs to be repartitioned, so I dumped all the contents into
an external.  I thought I would use the opportunity to try out 2.6b9 as most feel
it is stable enough (and fast as hell it appears).  Another side effect is that
I can also compile with better cflags than I did before I gathered new information.
I know I don't have to reinstall just to do these two things, but since I am
repartitioning and essantially starting from a clean disk I thought it good
opportunity.

I guess the question becomes, does a installing from a 2.4 livecd, stage1 install
have any disadvantages over using a 2.6 disc, when set on using a 2.6 kernel.  As
I alredy have a 2.4 disc burned, if it makes no difference, I would save my time
and skip downloading a new disc.

The only reason you would want to use a LiveCD with a 2.6 kernel is if you have hardware that isn't supported under 2.4.20 or whatever the LiveCD uses. You can still compile a 2.6 kernel within the chroot.

--
Andrew Gaffney