Hello everyone

I'm trying to get ACPI running the way I want, but I'm not quite sure
what I need to do now.

I have several modules in
/lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r8/kernel/drivers/acpi
I'm not sure which ones I need to load and how/where to do that.

ac.o            |--> seem to matter for portables
battery.o       |

button.o        --> controls what the front case button does, this does nothing
for me when loaded
fan.o           --> something with fans, but I don't know if it is reading or
controlling
processor.o     --> seems to enable C# powerstates on the CPU, but they are
working without this on my box
thermal.o       --> no idea
toshiba_acpi.o  --> not for me.

Do I need to be running acpid?

Thanks for any tips

Guy

Guy Van Sanden
http://unixmafia.port5.com

Registered Linux user #249404 - September 1997