On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 09:25:49 +0900
Jason Stubbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Monday 03 November 2003 06:17, Stijn Vander Maelen wrote:
> > I once had the same debug output when i was using this kernel
> > driver,"VIA 82C686 Audio Codec"  for the onboard audio of my asus
> > board. I also had jitter while playing mp3's and stuff. When i
> > switched to the corresponding alsa driver the problem went away.
>
> Did any new problems start? What is your sound quality like? Which Via
> chipset are you using?

I had huge problems with the kernel audio module, the via82cxxx_audio
module. It would work sometimes, but not others, for no identifiable
reason. I switched to the alsa system and it works flawlessly. I am not
sure what the deal is with the kernel module, but it certainly seems to
have some issues.

--
Ian Truelsen
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]