Hmmm - I copied them as it said under section 25 of the
installation document:

cp -a /mnt/cdrom/packages/* /usr/portage/packages/

I don't see an mtools package located in the packages/All
directory.  The only one I find is in:

/usr/portage/app-admin/mtools

Should I be pulling the mtools from somewhere else
off CD2 and putting them in the packages directory?
There are packages listed under All.. but no mtools.

When I run emerge -kp mtools I get:

These are the packages that I would emerge, in order:

Calculating depencies ...done!
[ebuild  N    ] app-admin/mtools-3.9.8-r1

Thanks,

- Brent