I compiled PCMCIA support into a new kernel and when I
reboot I get no lights on my linksys wpc11 v4 wireless
pc card.. as though PCMCIA support isnt working.

Any ideas why this is happening?  Im recompiling
the kernel now and specifying PCMCIA support as a module
instead of compiled directly into the kernel.

If I boot from the LiveCD and use the "dopcmcia" boot option
the light on my Linksys WPC11 v4 comes on and it sees the card
in the slot (not correctly of course.. since I havent gotten
the driver working yet).

I got my driver over to the machine without MTools though..
I just formatted the floppy to ext2 fs on my dell poweredge
server and just copied it to the floppy.

The server is running Redhat.. its a shame too.. Im thinking of
running Gentoo on that baby.. will Gentoo run on a
2.4Ghz Xeon?

Thanks,

- Brent