On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 02:53, raptor wrote:
> tring to make an .ebuild for tcng but in the "make install" stage I'm getting errors
> i.e. tcng install script tries to write
> outside the sandbox..
> This is the problematic part of the Makefile :
> -----------------
> install-tcc:            tcc check-install-dir scripts/localize.sh
>                         ln -sf scripts/localize.sh .
>                         tar cfh - $(TCC_BINDIST) | \
>                           (cd $(INSTALL_DIR) && tar xf -)
>                         cd $(INSTALL_DIR) && ./localize.sh
>                         rm -f localize.sh $(INSTALL_DIR)/localize.sh

The problem here is that INSTALL_DIR is set to /usr/bin. In order to
build inside the sandbox you need to install everything under the ${D}
image tree. From the list of files that are being installed it looks
like you probably want INSTALL_DIR to be ${D}/usr . You can try passing
INSTALL_DIR=${D}/usr to make in the ebuild.

Good Luck,

Doug