On Tuesday 04 November 2003 16:50, Chase Jeffery D wrote:
> I need help!  This is definitely a noob question but how do I change the
> Power management settings in gentoo 1.4?  I'm running xfce4 as my
> desktop manager and have done a few searches in google which say that
> the power management settings are in /etc/X11/XF86config but I don't see
> them anywhere......  I've also tried using  xset with no effect.  Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.

I assume you mean the monitor power?

then you have to set this in the Monitor section in your XF86config:
        Option       "DPMS"

and then you can use xset to set the timeout values:

or if you use xscreensaver then you can use that to change it,
Settings->Screensaver will launch the xscreensaver preferences panel.

        Rudmer