On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 13:40:04 -0500 rh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Would someone tell me what this error is and how to fix it. I get it all
> the time when i am working in a terminal under 'su -'....as a regular
> account user in a terminal, never see it.

> Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
> xset:  unable to open display ":0.0"

Before issuing 'su', as your normal user, you must issue 'xhost +localhost' in
order to allow the root user to have access to the display.  This is considered
a security exposure, so as soon as you exit from the root environment, issue
'xhost -localhost'.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the