On Nov 4, 2003, at 11:37 PM, Eric Tichansky wrote:

what version kernel? Assuming 2.4.x .....

2.4.x :
Networking Options -->
        [*] Network packet filtering
        (-- down menu --)
        IP Netfilter Configuration -->
                [*] Connection Tracking
                [*] IP tables support
                        [*] Full NAT
                                [*] MASQUERADE target

Hi. Thanks

I don't seem to have this. I get to Networking Options and I choose Network Packet Filtering but I only get one submenu in it which says: Network packet filtering debugging (NEW)

Here is it from the screen:

[*] Network packet filtering (replaces ipchains) x x
[*] Network packet filtering debugging (NEW)

Here is my uname:

bash-2.05b# uname -a
Linux woodhall 2.4.22-aa1 #1 SMP Tue Nov 4 22:39:40 MST 2003 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) MP 2800+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
bash-2.05b#

This was installed yesterday from a gentoo 1.4-release cd

Any suggestions welcome.

TIA
Chad

If you happen to be delving into a 2.6.0 tree, here it is also.

2.6.x :
Networking Support -->
        [*] Networking Support
        Networking Options -->
                [*] Network Packet Filtering -->
                        IP: Netfilter Configuration -->
                                [*] Connection Tracking
                                [*] IP tables support
                                        [*] Full NAT
                                                [*] MASQUERADE target

~emtty

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:
Hi
The Gentoo HOW-TO for UML says
"Make sure that the host kernel has Networking --> IP: Netfilter Configuration --> IP tables support --> Full NAT --> MASQUERADE target support and Network Device Support --> Ethertap network tap compiled as modules"
I cannot find an IP : Netfilter Configuration at all in the kernel configuration menu. Has it changed or otherwise?
Thanks
Chad