Hi,

having not made an update for ~4 weeks I wanted to run it now, so I did
this:

1.   emerge sync

-> this went fine, but then told me I should update portage now, ok so

2.   emerge --update portage

-> went fine too, no problems no complaints, so next was

3.   emerge --update world

-> strange enough this did not bring me any new updates, so I made a

4.   emerge --update system

-> HERE comes trouble: it tries and tries but does not suceed:
the servers would either tell it
     "No such file `vim-6.2.098-patches.tar.bz2Â."
or they would say
     "No such directory `mirrors/gentoo/distfilesÂ."
and it tries a LOT of servers and, no, I did not mainpulate the servers
list after my last (successful) update.

So what might go wrong here, how can I proceed?

TIA,
Karl-Heinz
--
Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, KlarÃlvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>            <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>