Hi all,

I have a question to all of you: What do you think, which would be the
"best", ie. "most secure" access to a webserver, so that users can update
their sites?

To be more specific: I can't allow ssh login for most of this users for
several reasons, that's why I set /bin/false as login shell for them. Ok,
so no ssh, no ftp (sidenote: I hate [S]FTP[S] for several reasons, ee.
firewall issues and so forth).

Ok, next: Samba. Can't use that, because many ISPs block needed ports, same
goes for NFS.

What other options do I have? I need read/write access for those users, but
chroot'ed to their home directory as a must! And connections have to be
encrypted.

Do you have some ideas for me?
Greetings and TIA, Matthias

--
Bart:   I'll take up smoking and give that up.

Homer:  Good for you, son.  Giving up smoking is one of the hardest
        things you'll ever have to do.  Have a dollar.

                   Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(annoyed grunt)ocious