On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 09:27:25 -0800 (PST) Joshua Banks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We are going to be getting Comcast cable in our area, finally. Been
> dial-up for the last 3 yrs and still no dsl. Right now the Gentoo sever
> acts as the (Shorewall) firewall and routing gateway for the other
> internal pc's natting their connection to share the dial-up line. Hooky
> I know, but it works. :P

Just an FYI.  I've been on @home -> attbi -> comcast cable for a number of
years, and I love it, but there is one drawback.  comcast does nothing to
protect dumb-ass windows users from being taken over as spam sites.  As a
result, some user groups (xfce is a good example) block all ip address ranges
associated with comcast.net.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the