I finally got my souncard ens1371 to work reliably with 2.6.0 (see prior
thread), but I get an error at boot time when alsasound starts.  Executing
/usr/sbin/alsactl says that it can't find a device it needs (unfortunately the
actual messge is not logged anywhere).  If I stop and restart alsasound, I don't
see the message (it may have been suppressed?).

Is anyone familiar with this?  What does alsactl do?  Is it really needed?

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the