On Friday 07 November 2003 22:02, Paul Stear wrote:
> I have some *.SF2 files that I want to use in kmidi, the documentation says
> that it has a utility sf2cfg, I have tried allsorts to get this working but
> all I get is a text file.
Read the help again.

The second paragraph says:
For each patchset, create a cfg gile describing the patches and their banks
and instrument (midi program) numbers. In the file timidity.cfg, enter a line
"source /filename/" and a preceding line if /n/, where /filename/ is the name
you gave to the file describing the patches, and /n/ is the line where /
filename/ will appear in KMidi's panel in the select patchset box.

(That sentence is way to long!)

The last paragraph says:
There is a utility "sf2cfg" to contruct a cfg file for a sbk/sf2 sound font,
which spits out all the patches that are present in the font. Also, I've
included sample cfg files for chaos8m.sf2 and chaos12m.sf2.

To summarise:
There is a utility "sf2cfg" to contruct a cfg file for a sbk/sf2 sound font
describing the patches and their banks and instrument (midi program) numbers.
In the file timidity.cfg, enter a line "source /filename/".

Jason