Mark Knecht wrote:

Either gxine or mplayer will take care of most audio/video formats.
Macromedia provides a flash plugin (which you can install with "emerge
netscape-flash"). That covers 95% of the non-pure-html pages out there.

This is pretty far off topic, I guess, but my Mozilla Help-Plugins page now
shows:

Java Plug-in Blackdown
mplayerplug-in v0.91
gxine start plugin
Plugger 5.0
Default Plugin
Shockwave Plugin

since it looks like Plugger-5.0 and mplayerplug-in do a lot of the same
thigns, how do I control which of these applications actually gets used? Is
there a configuration file somewhere I don't know about? I've looked in my
.mozilla directory, as well as online at the Mozilla Plugins documentation
site, but it doesn't say much or I Cannot find it.

You probably don't need both mplayer and gxine - of the two, I've found gxine integrated better with Mozilla, but doesn't play quite as many formats.

You can configure what formats plugger with use in the pluggerrc file (I don't know where Gentoo stores that - maybe /etc/pluggerrc) - you probably will want to remove any formats that are handled by other plugins.

--
Manuel A. McLure KE6TAW <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,