On Saturday 08 November 2003 23:54, Chris wrote:
> thats what i thought until it did the following:
>
> bash-2.05b# emerge -p '/home/chris/Desktop/downloads/kde 3.2/
> arts-20031107.diff.bz2'
>
> These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
>
> Calculating dependencies
> emerge: there are no masked or unmasked ebuilds to satisfy "/home/chris/
> Desktop/downloads/kde 3.2/arts-20031107.diff.bz2".

that is not a package or an ebuild, that is a patch-file (the diff says
everything)!
Copy your files into /usr/portage/distfiles.

if you want to emerge artsd try something like that:
cd /usr/portage
emerge  kde-base/arts/arts-1.2.0_beta1-r1.ebuild

voila, it starts emerging (at least for me).

Glück Auf
Volker
--
Conclusions
 In a straight-up fight, the Empire squashes the Federation like a bug. Even