Hi all! Sorry for the slightly off topic post, but I'll manage to twist it just enough to make it have to do with Gentoo... :)

I was wondering if anyone has experience with a USB based capture device under Linux? At the moment, I really only need something that will take snapshots of the video input, but having a full record would certainly be nice. A cost effective snapshot device would convince me I don't need full video though.
So, to twist this into a Gentoo related topic... has anyone had any trouble getting such a tool to work on Gentoo? :P

Thanks for any help.