On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 02:48, Chase Jeffery D wrote:
> Hi everyone, Just wondering what Network intrusion detection software
> is the best.  I've heard the main two programs to use would be Snort
> or Prelude and am wondering which of the two gives you more
> flexibility(configuration) and better detection/reporting?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>         Jeff

I find prelude generates more data (ie: more things to decide on if it's
something bad is really happening or if it's just a "hickup") then
snort. Prelude is also a architecture/framework so you can correlate IDS
data from NIDS, logs etc while snort is just a NIDS.

Stay tuned, I am expecting to put newer builds in portage this week.
Send me a ping privatly at [EMAIL PROTECTED] (or mboman on
irc.freenode.org, usually on #prelude, #gentoo-hardened, #gentoo-dev,
#snort and #snort-gui) if you want to become a pre-beta tester of my
ebuilds. Of course others are welcome to apply for the pre-beta post as
well ;)

Best regards
 Michael Boman

--