Mark Knecht wrote:

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 19:00, Jason Stubbs wrote:

On Friday 14 November 2003 11:47, Mark Knecht wrote:

Can /usr/portage just a be a link to a directory on another
partition? I'm out of space on my main drive and I'd like to move the
data, but I was thinking I don't want to change a configuration file
since some future etc-update will likely hose that up.

If you move it and symlink it, then you don't need to do anything further. If you don't want to symlink it, change the reference in /etc/make.conf and resymlink /etc/make.profile and that's it.

Jason

Thanks Jason. I moved it to /mnt/data/portage and then did a simlink. We'll see how that works for a while.

Cheers,
Mark

Why not mount the other partition at /usr/portage ?

/Andreas