On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:58:08 -0600
"Van Eps, Nathan D. (James Tower)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

> The ati-drivers don't need "agpgart". The "fglrx" kernel module has that
> functionality built in. I have 9500pro and everything is working.

That's right, it brings its own agpgart. Note that the included agpgart is
taken from kernel 2.4, and does not support agp3 (like the 2.4-kernel ones). I
also can't get X up without agpgart, the drivers won't let me. They load agpgart
on the start of X and fail with an error if agpgart doesn't load.

> If you can't get the ati-drivers to work, the "radeon" driver under X should
> get you a good resolution and refresh.

The radeon-drivers from X don't support the RV350 chipset (Radeon 9600 & 9800
Pro) - that's my whole problem :)

> My mainboard is a dual Tyan athlon mb, so I guess our hardware configuration
> is quite different.

Indeed.

--
Dennis Freise <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GnuPG key fingerprint: 2DE8 CCEF 6E20 11D4 3B27  21EC B0BA 1749 D2C8 38ED