Well I'm going to take another stab at this and see if I can find a solution to my problem.

I'm running the 2.6.0 test9 mm-sources kernel. I have 2 external storage devices, a Maxtor 80GB Firewire Drive and a 32MB USB Pen Drive. I want to assign these to a specific scsi hosts sdc and sdd(sda and sdb belong to my DVD Drive and CDRW Drive thru scsi emulation). I've tried using this in my grub.conf:

scsihosts=ide-scsi,ide-scsi,usb-storage,sbp2

Usb-storage is my pen drive and sbp2 is my Firewire drive. I've varied the order of the hosts with no luck. Is there another way I can assign hosts? I've tried compiling firewire and usb storage into my kernel and as modules, no change. When I used the 2.4 kernel and it modprobed the firewire modules at boot up it assigned the firewire drive a scsi host even when I didn't have it connected to the computer making it predictable for Me to assign specific scsi hosts, the 2.6 kernel doesn't do this. Is there a way I can assign scsi hosts other than the scsihosts=host1,host2,... command or am I going to have to do manually?

The fact that Windows can do this so easy really irks Me.

Thanks,
Kent