On Sun, 2003-11-16 at 04:46, Alexandru GHERMAN wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just moved to Gentoo for 2 weeks and I'm very enthusiastic about it. I'll
> stay with it for a long time. I got everything working but my wheel doesn't
> want to work.
> I have a Genius Optical wireless mouse. The mouse is working ok and in
> XF86Config I have the following config:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
> Identifier "Mouse0"
> Driver "mouse"
> Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
> Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
> EndSection
>
> If I try other protocols such as ImPS/2 or ExplorerPS/2 the mouse doesn't
> stay on the screen when I move it (and I have USB support built in kernel).

How is the mouse connected, via USB or the PS/2 port ?? The line "Option
"Device" "/dev/psaux"" is for PS/2 connections. If it's USB, change that
to /dev/input/mice.

Is this your mouse ?? http://www.xfree86.org/current/mouse6.html#32
Looks like you guessed wrong. :-) Using "PS/2", the wheel won't work.
You might try "Auto" first.

Good luck
Hall