Le 11/16/03 Harlan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit notamment:

> I am trying to get printing across multiple Gentoo systems.  I am able to
> connect to my print server from another computer.  I cannot setup the print
> device.
>
> I need to specify the parallel port (I have a DeskJet 420C),  but in the
> printer add portion of the admin web page, I don't have any devices listed?
>
> I've tried editing the printer.conf file, but when I run foomatic-configure, I
> just get errors about an invalid line.
>
> When I try running foomatic-configure, per documentation, I get an error:
> lpadmin: Unable to connect to server: Connection refused
> Could not set up/change the queue "HP420C"!
>
> As far as I can tell, there is no existing HP420C queue left over from
> previous tries.
Have you tried to configure with this command taken from the printing-howto:

 # foomatic-configure -s cups -p $printer_model_number -c
   $print_device_path -n queue name -d driver ?

If so (I tried that too), you should remove the "queue" and just give a
   name (here according to my interpretation foomatic believes you are
   referring to something named queue):

# foomatic-configure -s cups -p $printer_model_number -c
   $print_device_path -n name -d driver

should work, "name" is what you want to call your printer

HTH

--
Jean Magnan de Bornier
3 Cours Victor Hugo, 13980 Alleins   France