On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 09:48:59AM -0500, Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:
> How do I maintain nvidia-kernel for more than one kernel? I have it set
> up to in gaming-sources, but when I switch to vanilla-sources and do
> `emerge nvidia-kernel` again, it deletes itself from gaming-sources and
> installs into vanilla-sources. How do I install it into more than one
> kernel at once?

So emerge doesn't remove the original install, I make it think that it
isn't installed. Delete the following nvidia-kernel-* directory from
/var/db/pkg/media-video

emerge will then no know that nvidia-kernel is already installed and
won't try to remove it.

Cheers

Adam

--
We are always human and carry the whole burden of being human.
- Duke Leto Atreides