William Kenworthy wrote:
genkernel silently fails when it gets a build error - there is a
logfile, but it didnt help me.  Do a traditional "make modules" in
/usr/src/linux and then track down which module it was.  "irda" was the
error I had with the latest gs-sources

BillK
It seems that gs-sources has an issue with sis chip-set. I tried the same mwith gentoo-sources and that went almost without a hitch.(usb keyboard was not recognised) I'll fix the keyboard issue once I've completed the install and configuration (I'll compile the kernel manually, at least then I'll know what I have.) I guess genkernel is usually ok, but I still like to do my own kernel from vanilla untouched source. I'll emerge that at some other time. Thanks.

--
Ted Ozolins (VE7TVO)
Westbank, B. C.