On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 13:54:37 +0100
Oliver Lange <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jason Stubbs wrote:
> > Actually, just thinking - it doesn't preserve modification times
> > which may be a problem with /var. Why not just use rsync?
> >
> > rsync -a /mnt/gentoo/var/ /mnt/gentoo/newvar
> >

> I didn't know whatever for rsync might be.. :)

Parted is what I used the last time I moved my /home. There is a qt
version, named remarkably, qtparted. I think that is what is on
the Knoppix cd.

There is an info page for parted with the gory details.

/ What is algebra, exactly? Is it one of \
| those three-cornered things? -- J.M.   |
\ Barrie                                 /