Sumeet Singh Parmar wrote:

Fellers,

Is DeCSS ok to emerge or what's the deal?

Thanks,
-Sumeet

Hi Sumeet,

it is ok to use.
I got an interesting quote in my signature file from a discussion on a german list regarding changes in german copyright laws. Translated it goes somethin like this:
OP: Will it be illegal to view DVDs on Linux that you bought legally (i.e. use decss)?
Reply: No it will be illegal to provide the tools (i.e. decss) that you need to view the dvds you bought legally?

The point behind that is that the movie guys in the US want money from the companies offering dvd players and who should pay that in an Open Source project??

Christian