On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 23:49, Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi Keith,
>
> Thanks for your advice.
>
> I still have some confusion on ssh client (ssh_config) and ssh server
> (sshd_config)
>
> To allow remote machine (client) to login to the server, exporting
> X-server to client side, etc., sshd_config controls it.  Then what will
> be the function of ssh_config on the server?  Whether just leaving it
> there untouched on the server?  On the client side what will be its
> function, any editing be necessary?

The client (ssh) will use the ssh_config on the machine you run it on.
If that machine is not running the server (sshd) then it's sshd_config
is never used. Basically, sshd uses sshd_config (wherever it is run),
and ssh uses the ssh_config (wherever it is run). If you don't run sshd
on a machine then obviously the sshd_config on that machine won't be
used.

--
Keith Dart