On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:35:07 +0100, Helgi Örn Helgason
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On 2003-11-24, Leif B. Kristensen wrote:
>> On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 09:26:21 +0100, "Leif B. Kristensen"
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>[...]
>> I pressed Ctrl-C and started 'emerge mysql' again. Now it found another
>> server, ftp.snt.utwente.nl, and finished the download in a few seconds.
>>
>FYI, in case you didn't know; there is a --resume function for emerge
>thus:
>
># emerge --resume mysql
>
>In case one has to continue a download for example.

Thank you! I'll remember that.

>You could also put this in your /etc/make.conf:
>
>GENTOO_MIRRORS="ftp://gentoo.linux.no/pub/gentoo/ http://mirror.pudas.net/gentoo";
>
>This gives you servers closer to you (there is also a Danish server
>available).

I know, but it looks like mysql isn't available on gentoo.linux.no,
which actually is the first server in my GENTOO_MIRRORS. I don't know
why emerge decided to try and fetch the source from a broken server
which is definitely not on my mirrors list.

regards,
--
Leif Biberg Kristensen - http://solumslekt.org/
Validare necesse est.