On Monday 24 November 2003 21:05, Christian Schäfer wrote:
> I want to test gnome and kde and maybe some other desktops.
> but as soon as I decided which one to use, I want to get rid of the
> others. can I safly unmerge kde and everything is fine?
> or are there traces of the install left on my harddisk?

My main reason for choosing Gentoo is because it is quite easy to get rid of
every last trace of anything that isn't necessary to what I want installed.
With some limitations, do whatever you like and take a "cross that bridge
when I come to it" sort of attitude and you'll find that the bridges are
quite small.

Jason