hi list,

I use Linux primarily for audio, and just dropped into Gentoo after experimenting with Debian/DeMuDi and RedHat/PlanetCCRMA. I have to say that PlanetCCRMA really has thier sh^&t down as far as up-to-date pro sound apps such as PD, Jack, ALSA, etc, which is one thing that I am missing just a bit in Gentoo. I find the pro audio ebuilds a few versions behind, and often only the ~arch catagory, which seems to break things most on my backup laptop, a G3 Pismo.

Also noted that current ebuild of PD is broken, and gives errors when installing with Jack, whether USE="jack" is enabled or not! Is there any way to edit the Makefile of an app before it builds? I mean, to do something like disable -Werror flags...

My question is this: who is generally responsible for the audio app ebuilds? Apps such as Jack and ALSA, not to mention Ardour, are going through leaps and bounds in the develpoment scale right now, and it is good to really stay on top of them, so I would like ot know who to bug ;-)

Also, is there a good forum or website dedicated to support for these?

http://homepage.mac.com/ashura666/gentoo/
looks like it was once a thriving page, but it hasn't seen an update since last January!!!

tnx+bst,
Derek