i'm not exactly a pro with linux yet. actually i've only been using it for a few months now. i read over your posts and decided to try to help out for the first time. i appologize if i seem rather ignorant. i read in the origional post something about "compiling your own kernel" and "how do i do that in genkernel --config". i've never used genkernel before, but if you're going to make your own kernel, aren't you suppose to

cd /usr/src/linux && make menuconfig

? that's my two cents. please don't flame me if i sound dumb or if i've accidentally insulted your intellegence.

Do you Yahoo!?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now