Re,

Sorry, I misread your question. Use the alsa and oss flags. About Rosegarden, I never tried it. But I'm sure that it works only with alsa and Jack, like ardour. NOT through oss emulation. Jack is a bit tricky to configure but it works well.

Search the net for an alsa and jack howto...

Best wishes, Fabien

Frank Schäfer wrote:

Hi too, ;o))

From http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/alsa-guide.xml:

2. Installation

Gentoo USE flags

To compile programs with ALSA-support, be sure to add alsa to your
USE-variable. However, several tools don't support alsa yet, and require
OSS. ALSA provides OSS-emulation if you define oss in your USE-variable
before you start.

Woops, andt thus answered my own question. Only hope that Rosegarden
works with OSS-emulation and that the OSS-emulation works if there is
more than only OSS (without the drivers) enabled in the kernel. Two
years or so back Rosegarden complained to not find oss when there was
alsa OSS-emulation only.