Jeff MacDonald wrote:
On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 12:03, Andrew Gaffney wrote:

Jeff MacDonald wrote:

So, Windows uses only the internal speaker and Linux uses only the
external speakers.

I wasn't aware the internal speaker could produce anything more than different beeps ;) Is this perhaps a laptop?

Oddly enough , this isn't the case. I have an IBM aptiva running
FreeBSD, when i don't plug in speakers the sounds comes out of an
internal speaker, when i plug in speakers it goes to them..

Is your sound card integrated into the mobo?

yup.

That makes more sense. I refuse to get a mobo that has anything more than an IDE and floppy controller integrated into it.

--
Andrew Gaffney