On Saturday 29 November 2003 10:24 pm, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
> Nope, no kde - just xfce <G>.  But thanks anyway.
>
> On Saturday 29 November 2003 22:02, you wrote:
> > On Sunday 30 November 2003 2:58 am, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
> > > I've run into a problem with Quake2 sound.
> >
> > I too had no sound with alsa and kde..it was arts hogging /dev/dsp so i
> > have to start quake with artdsp wrapper...
> > i spose if you dont use kde then ignore this :D

I've dumped devfs on my quake3 arena box just for this very reason. I hated
what it did to sound setup. Try this... rm the /dev/dsp link and : ln
-s /dev/adsp /dev/dsp

Helped me, quite a bit.

                     Registered Linux User Number 185956
          http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&safe=off&group=linux
This email account no longers accepts attachments or messages containing html.
     9:44pm  up 60 days,  2:37,  7 users,  load average: 0.31, 0.20, 0.18