Ok, I am contemplating on converting my Windows 2003 server into a Gentoo
Linux one instead.

The system is a Dual Pentium II Xeon 400 1MB Cache w/ 768MB RAM. I would
like it optimized for as much speed as possible.

My laptop's CFLAGS are as follows:

CFLAGS="-march=pentium3 -msse -mfpmath=sse -mmmx -O3 -pipe -fforce-addr
-fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -frerun-cse-after-loop -frerun-loop-opt
-falign-functions=4 -maccumulate-outgoing-args -ffast-math
-fprefetch-loop-arrays"

I've head -Os makes it even faster...

1) Would both systems benefit from the -Os and
2) Would just changing the laptop's march to pentium 2 and dropping the sse
work?

Thanks,

Jon