Hi,

I ran a netstat -an --tcp, and saw, that there are a lot of connections
from and to 127.0.0.1, all related to port 16001. I did some search on
google, and found out, that it's esound.

I wanted to configure esound to use only unix sockets. I changed my
/etc/esd/esd.conf to the following:
[esd]
auto_spawn=1
spawn_options=-terminate -nobeeps -as 2 -unix
spawn_wait_ms=100

Esound is added to the default runlevel, so it's started at startup.
Then I thought, the -terminate flag causes the esound daemon to
terminate immediately after it is started, and later it's started with
different options, so I removed that one.
Without success.
/tmp/esd/.socket isn't even created.

Esd still starts with -nobeeps -as 3 -tcp -public.

Any thoughts on this?

--
Molnar Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>