Timo Boettcher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am having problems with a software-raid5 device in my system.
> Because of some hardware-issues all 3 disks of that array fail after
> each other, the kernel/raid-module does notice it, but does not act
> upon this.
>
> raid5: Disk failure on sde1, disabling device. Operation continuing on 2 devices
> raid5: Disk failure on sdd1, disabling device. Operation continuing on 1 devices
> raid5: Disk failure on sdf1, disabling device. Operation continuing on 0 devices
>
> Why does the kernel/raid-module not make the array read-only or take
> it offline?

IMHO it's the file system's job to do so.
from /usr/src/linux/Documentation/filesystems/ext2.txt:

errors=continue    (default)  Keep going on a filesystem error.
errors=remount-ro             Remount the filesystem read-only on an error.
errors=panic                  Panic and halt the machine if an error occurs.

Cheers,
Juri

--
Juri Haberland  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>