Hello,
I'm a Gentoo newbie. I have just installed from 1.4 i386 LiveCDs and now I get
a message at booting saying I don't have DMA enabled for my hard drive (the
context of the message is something related to fsck).

I edited /etc/conf.c/hdparm and now it looks like this:
# Copyright 2003 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License, v2 or later
# $Header: /home/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/sys-apps/hdparm/files/hdparm-conf.d,v 1.1
2003/03/01 21:17:39 sethbc Exp

# You can either set hdparm arguments for each drive using disc*_args and
cdrom*_args..
# eg.
# disc0_args="-d1 -X66"
# disc1_args"-d1"
# cdrom0_args="-d1"

disc0_args="-d1 -X66 -c1 -A1 -m1"

# Or, you can set hdparm options for ALL drives using all_args..
# eg.
# this mimics the behavior of the current script
#all_args="-d1"