---------- quoting Aaron Walker ----------
> I am trying to run a cron job more frequent than one hour, but that's as
> small as it goes in /etc/cron.*  I read both the cron and crontab man
> pages but neither says anything about the /etc/crontab format.  I
> couldnt tell just by looking at it.. looked confusing :)  Anyone know
> how to add an entry to run a certain program say every 10 min?

$ crontab -e

(as the user you whish to run the command)
and then, the format for the file follows:

#minute (0-59),
#|      hour (0-23),
#|      |       day of the month (1-31),
#|      |       |       month of the year (1-12),
#|      |       |       |       day of the week (0-6 with 0=Sunday).
#|      |       |       |       |       commands
0       2       *       *       0,4     /etc/cron.d/logchecker

--
Wait a minute, Marge.  I saw "Mrs. Doubtfire."  This is a man in drag!

                -- Homer Simpson
                   Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(annoyed grunt)ocious