----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Hampton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 4:57 PM
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] spam after subscribing to gentoo-user

> SN wrote:
>
> >You are absolutely wrong, I'm subscribed to a couple of the mandrake
> >mailinglists as well, never got any spam through that list.
> >The mailinglist should prevent adress collection, of course if the
> >mailinglist and webfrontends show the plain emailadress spiders easily
pick
> >them up.
> >

> Hi
>
> There is nothing to stop anyone archiving a mailing list and putting it
> online. Just because your Mandrake one doesn't have somebody doing that
> it doesnt mean most mailing lists don't.
>
> The gentoo-user list is archived here for example - say hello to your
> email address!
>
> http://www.cubik.ca/archives/gentoo-user/msg00840.html

Yeah exactly that i the problem, have you seen other mailinglists, where
they the use for example nuckerl[dot]stefan[at]lycos[dot]de
Why does this mailinglist publish it in the original form
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
I tell you why because the dude you setup this mailingsystem has no clue
what he is doing.

I think you have never configured a mailinglistsystem, you can change that
for example in mailman.