On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 12:56:04 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] muttered:
> I have begun a document like this:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage[swedish]{babel}
> \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}  % char encoding
>
> I get this error message:
>
> Package babel Warning: No hyphenation patterns were loaded for
> (babel)                the language `Swedish'
> (babel)                I will use the patterns loaded for \language=0 instead.

No, that's correct -- the problem's just that there aren't any hyphenation
dictionaries available on your machine for Swedish. Install some, or live
with the warning (which won't keep the document from building, by the way)

--
Andrew Farmer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]